"The Executive Council of the Alabama Library Association, Inc. is entrusted with conducting the business of the Association and is charged with keeping the membership informed of its official acts through The Alabama Librarian or other means. (Article IV, 1)" -- Alabama Library Association Handbook, Chapter 5, p.9. Information about the duties of the officers is available in Chapter 6, p.13.
Members can keep current with the Executive Council by reviewing the approved minutes from the Executive Council meetings. In addition, members can view the Association's calendar to find important dates, including the dates, times, and locations of all Executive Council meetings.
Finally, all members can contact the Association Office for any assistance.
Current members of the Executive Council are the Officers, Division Chairpersons, Ex-Officio Members, Alabama Librarian Editors, Scholarship Fund, Inc. Board President, Round Table Moderators, and Committee Chairs.
Council members are added to the ALLA Executive Council Google Group.
- Divisions include: CSLD, CUS, and PLD
- Roundtables include: ALIRT, CDMRT, GODORT, MCRT, PART, RASRT, TSSRT, and YASRT
- Committees are: Association Awards, Author Awards, Bibliographic, Budget & Finance, Bylaws, Convention, Education, Emeritus Council, Employee Evaluation, Handbook, Intellectual Freedom, Legislative Development, Membership, Nominating, Planning, Public Relations, and Publications
Voting members are limited to officers and division chairpersons.
- President: Paula Laurita, Athens-Limeston Public Library, 605 S. Jefferson St, Athens, AL 35611, (256) 232-1233, PaulaLaurita97@gmail.com
- President-Elect: Jeff Graveline, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Mervyn H. Sterne Library, SL 172, 1720 2nd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35294-0014, (205) 934-6364, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Past President: Wendy Stephens, 204 California St., Huntsville, AL 35801, (256) 520-1878, email@example.com
- Secretary: Alyssa Martin, Troy University, Rosa Parks Library, 252 Montgomery St, Montgomery, AL 36104, (334) 241-8601, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Tim Bailey, Auburn University at Montgomery, PO Box 244023, Montgomery, AL 36124-4023, (334) 244-3420, email@example.com [term begins 7/2015 and ends 6/2017]
- Member-at-Large: Central Alabama: Barbara Curry, Autagua Prattville Public Library, 254 Doster Street, Prattville, AL 36067, (334) 365-3396 ext.4, firstname.lastname@example.org [term ends 4/2016]
- Member-at-Large: North Alabama: Craig Scott, Gadsden Public Library, 254 College Street, Gadsden, AL 35901, (256) 549-4699 ext. 120, email@example.com [term ends 4/2017]
- Member-at-Large: South Alabama: Kent Snowden, Troy University - Montgomery, Rosa Parks Library, 252 Montgomery Street, Montgomery, AL 36104, (334)-241-9783, firstname.lastname@example.org [term ends 4/2016]
- Children's & School: Carolyn Starkey, Shades Valley High School, 25 Warren Rd, Albertville, AL 35950, (256) 660-1139, admin@jojo-starkey,com
- College, University & Special: Jessica Hayes, South University, 695 Covered Bridge Pkwy, Apt. T, Prattville, AL 36066, (205) 470-7580, email@example.com
- Public Library: Jessica Ross, Washington County Public Library, PO Box 1057, 14102 St Stephens Ave, Chatom, AL 36518, (251) 847-2098, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Association Administrator: Angela Moore, Alabama Library Association, 6030 Monticello Drive, Montgomery, AL 36117,(334) 414-0113; email@example.com
- Web Administrator: Jodi W. Poe, Jacksonville State University, Houston Cole Library, 700 Pelham Road, Jacksonville, AL 36265, (256) 782-8103, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALA Councillor:Jeff Simpson, Troy University, Library/Wallace Hall, 501 University Avenue, Troy, AL 36082, (334) 670-3257, email@example.com [term ends 4/2018]
- SELA Representative: Margie Calhoun, Mobile Public Library, 6050 Grelot Road, #107, 701 Government Street, Mobile, Al 36609, 251-208-7860, firstname.lastname@example.org [term ends 4/2016]
- ALLA COMMunicator Editor: Steven Yates, University of Alabama - School of Library and Information Studies, 513 Gorgas Library, PO Box 870252, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0252, (205) 826-3303; email@example.com
- Archivist: Donnelly Walton, W.S. Hoole Special Collection Library, University of Alabama, PO Box 870266, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0266, (205) 393-3245, firstname.lastname@example.org
- AVL Representative:John-Bauer Graham, Jacksonville State University, Houston Cole Library, 700 Pelham Road, Jacksonville, AL 36265, (256) 782-5248, email@example.com
- President, Scholarship Fund, Inc.: Dena Luce, Alabama Library Association, 6030 Monticello Drive, Montgomery, AL 36117, (334) 324-5027, firstname.lastname@example.org