"The Executive Council of the Alabama Library Association, Inc. is entrusted with conducting the business of the Association and is charged with keeping the membership informed of its official acts through The Alabama Librarian or other means. (Article IV, 1)" -- Alabama Library Association Handbook, Chapter 5, p.9. Information about the duties of the officers is available in Chapter 6, p.13.
Members can keep current with the Executive Council by reviewing the approved minutes from the Executive Council meetings. In addition, members can view the Association's calendar to find important dates, including the dates, times, and locations of all Executive Council meetings.
Finally, all members can contact the Association Office for any assistance.
Current members of the Executive Council are the Officers, Division Chairpersons, Ex-Officio Members, Alabama Librarian Editors, Scholarship Fund, Inc. Board President, Round Table Moderators, and Committee Chairs.
Council members are added to the ALLA Executive Council Google Group.
- Divisions include: CSLD, CUS, and PLD
- Roundtables include: ALIRT, CDMRT, GODORT, MCRT, PART, RASRT, TSSRT, and YASRT
- Committees are: Association Awards, Author Awards, Bibliographic, Budget & Finance, Bylaws, Convention, Education, Emeritus Council, Employee Evaluation, Handbook, Intellectual Freedom, Legislative Development, Membership, Nominating, Planning, Public Relations, and Publications
Voting members are limited to officers and division chairpersons.
- President: Jeff Graveline, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Mervyn H. Sterne Library, SL 172, 1720 2nd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35294-0014, (205) 934-6364, email@example.com
- President-Elect: Sonya Jordan, Mountain Brook High School, 3650 Bethune Dr, Mountain Brook, AL 35223, (205) 414-3800 ext. 7619, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Past President: Paula Laurita, Athens-Limestone Public Library, 605 S. Jefferson St, Athens, AL 35611, (256) 232-1233, PaulaLaurita97@gmail.com
- Secretary: Mandy Pinyan, Troy University, Rosa Parks Library, 252 Montgomery St, Montgomery, AL 36104, (334) 241-8601, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Tim Bailey, Auburn University at Montgomery, PO Box 244023, Montgomery, AL 36124-4023, (334) 244-3420, firstname.lastname@example.org [term begins 7/2016 and ends 6/2018]
- Member-at-Large: Central Alabama: Matt Layne, Emmet O'Neal Library, 50 Oak St, Mountain Brook, AL 35213, (205) 908-5323, email@example.com [term ends 4/2018]
- Member-at-Large: North Alabama: Craig Scott, Gadsden Public Library, 254 College Street, Gadsden, AL 35901, (256) 549-4699 ext. 120, firstname.lastname@example.org [term ends 4/2017]
- Member-at-Large: South Alabama: Chris Shaffer, Troy University, 309 Wallace Hall, Troy University, AL 36082, email@example.com [term ends 4/2018]
- Children's & School: Pam Berry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- College, University & Special: Dusty Folds, University of Montevallo, 75 College Dr, Montevallo, AL 35115, (205) 665-6108, email@example.com
- Public Library: April Wallace, Pinson Public Library, 4410 Main St, Pinson, AL 35126, (205) 680-92989, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Association Administrator: Angela Moore, Alabama Library Association, 6030 Monticello Drive, Montgomery, AL 36117,(334) 414-0113; email@example.com
- Web Administrator: Jodi W. Poe, Jacksonville State University, Houston Cole Library, 700 Pelham Road, Jacksonville, AL 36265, (256) 782-8103, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALA Councillor:Jeff Simpson, Troy University, Library/Wallace Hall, 501 University Avenue, Troy, AL 36082, (334) 670-3257, email@example.com [term ends 4/2018]
- SELA Representative: Margie Calhoun, Mobile Public Library, 6050 Grelot Road, #107, 701 Government Street, Mobile, Al 36609, 251-208-7860, firstname.lastname@example.org [term ends 4/2016]
- ALLA COMMunicator Editor: Taylor Barth, Levi Watkins Learning Center, Alabama State University, 915 South Jackson St, Montgomery, AL 36101, (330) 565-0099, email@example.com
- Archivist: Donnelly Walton, W.S. Hoole Special Collection Library, University of Alabama, PO Box 870266, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0266, (205) 393-3245, firstname.lastname@example.org
- AVL Representative:
- President, Scholarship Fund, Inc.: Dena Luce, Alabama Library Association, 6030 Monticello Drive, Montgomery, AL 36117, (334) 324-5027, email@example.com