Membership in ALLA is open to anyone with an interest in libraries in Alabama, including professionals, paraprofessionals, trustees, friends, students, volunteers, and vendors. ALLA offers a membership category specifically for institutions as well.
Our membership year is January 1 - December 31. ALLA uses an online management system to update and maintain our membership. Part of the system provides our Association with the ability to issue renewal notices via email. Those notices are processed and emailed directly to you in November. If you have questions about the process or your membership specifically, please contact the Association Office at 334-414-0113.
Please find our Dues Schedule for complete information.
So, why should you join the Alabama Library Association? Your membership to the Association will entitle you to the following benefits:
- Reduced registration for workshops and conferences
- Networking with library personnel statewide, vendors, and elected officials
- Notification of issues concerning libraries by receiving state and national news briefs, listserv discussions, and flyers promoting activities of interest
- A designated contact person within the Association (regional Members-At-Large) so your voice is heard
- Participation in the Association's Elections and events.
- Discussions of issues of interest at meetings with nationally recognized speakers.
- Access to newsletters, listservs and web pages for a wealth of information.
- Opportunities to continuing education credits.
Other items of interest to our members are:
- Grants and Loans
- Listservs of Possible Interest
- Journals of Possible Interest
- Scholarship Fund. Inc.