Public Library Division (PLD)
The purpose of the Public Library Division of the Alabama Library Association is to promote public library service and development throughout Alabama. We do this by:
- supporting increased cooperation among all types of libraries,
- promoting the profession of librarianship within Alabama's public libraries,
- representing the interests and concerns of public libraries in relation to the Alabama Library Association and the Alabama Public Library Services, and
- by developing legislative priorities for the public libraries and other issues as may be pertinent to the Division.
Continuing education, networking and mentoring with other librarians will keep Alabama public libraries a dynamic force within their communities.
Bylaws and Policies
Membership and Publicity
Standards and Achievements
- The PLD Bylaws were revised in 2013 and are available here in PDF.
- PLD hosts a Mini-Conference each winter. Information and registration for the 2017 Mini-Conference is now available.
PLD Standards Applications and Workfroms
- 2017 Application Form in PDF
- Workform: Under 5,000
- Workform: 5,000 - 9,999
- Workform: 10,000 - 24,999
- Workform: 25,000 - 49,999
- Workform: 50,000 - 99,999
- Workform: Over 100,000